Merry Christmas! Since I didn't send out cards this year, here is our family pic! I love getting Christmas cards and I didn't get to it this year. Please don't cross me off your list. :-)
I only posted about the first half of our trip. We were lucky enough to see both families over this Christmas holiday. We were also snowed in both places, so no, we weren't able to escape the Oregon snow as many people thought! It was a lot of driving, but for the most part, the kids were great. Bryce enjoyed it about as much as you would expect from a 19 month old! Luckily the other 2 were good sports.
So, here are some more highlights from our trip to end 2008.
***I am just trying to get some pics up for my mom! As soon as I am ready to start posting 2009, I will backdate this and make a new post! Enjoy!***
1. Spending time with Grandma Nise
2. Playing in the snow on New Years' Day. This is my idea of fun sledding! Being pulled by a snowmobile-no hill to climb. The kids (and adults!) loved it. And of course, nothing like finishing with hot chocolate.
3. Kids playing with their cousins. They love Grandma's toy room!
4. Spending time with Grandma and Grandpa Marker.
5. Enjoying the lights at Temple Square.
6. Riding the Frontrunner with Matt and Trish and kids.
7. (This is from the California part of the trip, but I am too tired to renumber it!) We went to see Christmas lights with great friends! Only bad part was it was the day after Christmas and I think the failing economy made half the houses decide not to continue turning on their lights...)
So, we were in the car for a total of 30 hours-crazy! We did hit traffic to Las Vegas that was not very fun, but we were grateful to have a safe trip. On the way to Ogden, it was about 2am and we were 2 hours from Grandma's when Bryce decided to throw up. We pulled into a gas station, cleaned him up and kept going. The kids woke up and watched one more movie. :-) On the way back to Portland, all was going well, until we were rear ended 10 minutes from home. What a way to end the trip.
All in all, we feel so lucky that we were able to see and play with each and every cousin this Christmas! We love you all!
10 hours ago