1. My sister's father in law was just diagnosed with brain cancer, the same rare cancer my dad passed away from in November of 2007. Shelly has been such a rock for them, but I am hurting for all of them, especially Paul. To be faced with your own mortality has got to be so difficult. He is keeping a blog and reading his perspective sure helps me keep mine.
2. A childhood friend passed away this last week. He was 35 with 3 small kids and he just collapsed in his living room. I am so saddened by this and wish I could go to the funeral. I can't imagine what his wife is going through. Please pray for this family.
3. A good friend of mine's little boy is in surgery right now to have a tumor on his brain removed. He is 5 years old and a sweetheart. I am just aching for them right now. I want to do all I can to help them.
How can we hear about things like this and then get worked over the things in life that we don't have? Why do I let myself get caught up in things that don't matter? How can I truly focus on what's important and teach my kids the same? I have a lot of thinking to do. Right now, here are the things I am so grateful for:
1. A kind and forgiving husband who accepts me as I am and loves me anyway. He makes me want to be the best I can.
2. 3 healthy, sweet kids who each have their individual strengths and weaknesses. I just want to appreciate them for who they are.
3. Amazing family who have made me who I am.
4. Friends and neighbors who will do anything for us.
5. The gospel which teaches us about eternal life. I want to live so that I can be with my dad again. I miss him so much.
6. My health.
Well, there is so much more on my mind, but I have 8 kids running around my house right now. Please keep all these families in your thoughts and prayers too.