Saturday, January 07, 2012

Dilemma...

So, my almost 10 year old loves sports. Wait, that is an understatement- he lives and breathes sports!! I have watched him play soccer, basketball and baseball since he was 4 years old. A lot of times, I am late or leave early from the games due to work at the YMCA or other responsibilities. There is a joke that he always scores or has a major play when I am gone. Sometimes when I show up at a game, the parents will tell me to leave so Dallin can score. They always say it with a smile, but now I am starting to really wonder if I should. Today he had a basketball game and I wasn't feeling well, so I stayed home. He ended up scoring 17 points!

So, what to do? I love to watch him play, but I am starting to feel he does better without me so should just accept my bad luck.

What would you do?





4 comments:

Emily Foley said...

I would go when I could! I don't believe in superstitious things like that. If he's a good player, he'll play well regardless of who's in the audience, in my opinion. Do you think he'll remember that he scored 17 points in one game when he was a kid, or that his mom made an effort to go to every game she could? I think the latter.

Kelly(M&M) said...

You are right. One of my favorite memories growing up was seeing my parents, especially dad, watching me or coaching. Dallin just read this post and said I am still allowed to come. :-) I just love seeing him do well, and if for some reason I make him more nervous, I don't want to ruin it for him!

skbkmjfamily said...

I would sneak in. Personally I have done this with my kids. For whatever reason they get nervous. However, I am still able to be there and they see me there, at the end. I would not tell him you are coming or when you are coming etc.
Has he said why? Maybe it has nothing to do with you, just coincidence

Anonymous said...

Sac Hermes
Sac Pas Cher
Sac Louis Vuitton
Sac Hermes Pas Cher
Sac Louis Vuitton
Sac Louis Vuitton Pas Cher
Sac Hermes Birkin
Sac Louis Vuitton Pas Cher
Sac Pas Cher
Sac Hermes Kelly
sac à main pas cher
Boutique Hermes Sac Pas Cher Marque
Le Kelly Hermes
Wedding Dresses
Bridesmaid Dresses
Prom DressesQuinceanera Dresses
Discount Wedding Dresses
Wedding Dresses
Bridesmaid Dresses
Prom Dresses