Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day (a good time to Catch up!)

Today has been a great day to reflect on being a mom and the moms that have influenced me. My only request for today was to sleep in. We had a long day yesterday and I couldn't wait to just sleep as long as my body needed. It was wonderful! Jeff made breakfast and dinner and the kids presented me with cards and hugs and cute homemade gifts.

Yesterday was a very enjoyable day as a mom. I ran in a half marathon and Jeff, Emily and Bryce were able to high 5 me at mile 4, and then drove over to Dallin's first baseball game of a tournament. I finished the race and then headed over to the game as it was ending. I was bummed to miss it, but glad that I would make the next one. We had a couple of hours to kill so we headed out to a beauiful place that I had been wanting to check out called Horning's Hideout.

Dallin's second game was a nailbiter. Dallin was the pitcher for a couple of innings and the score was 10-8 (we were the ones behind) going into the last half of the inning. One of Dallin's teammates hit a 2 run homerun to tie it up and then Dallin was up with a runner on base. He ended up hitting that runner in to win the game! He was so happy! I had the instant thought that I wanted to call my dad and then remembered that I couldn't. I did however realize that he was watching the game. I have felt that before at some of Dallin's games. My love of baseball comes from my dad.

We then went to a talent show at the church where Emily and Bryce both performed. I was so proud of both of them. Bryce has especially surprised me with how much he has been practicing. He was determined to get the song down perfect. I am sure this determination will serve him in his life. (Although it does make for some frustration!)

Catch up Time
We were lucky enough to have my sister Shelly and her husband Nate and their 2 cute kids, Owen and Lydia, come visit us last week. I loved getting to know my niece and nephew and had fun just spending time with my sister. We played games, went out on the boat, and spent time at my favorite place- the ocean. We are so glad they chose to spend their vacation with us! Thanks for coming!
















No comments: