Friday, August 24, 2012

Teaser Post

We have had a very low key, but fun summer. We had the wonderful experience of watching our children participate in events that they loved! Dallin's baseball team had a great season and ended up getting 6th in the state. There were many highs and lows, but I loved every minute! Emily had her theatrical debut in not one, but 2 plays and they were a week apart! She was in her element up on that stage. It definitely warmed my heart to see them find their niche. It was a lot of time, but I wouldn't change a thing! 

Due to the baseball and theatrical commitments, we did not pack a bag until our camping trip on August 9th! We have been gone pretty much ever since! Jeff's family came into town for 6 days and it was wonderful being with all of them. We rented a house on the beach and had a great time all together. We were only missing one of Jeff's siblings, so we had 33 people in one house (I think that's right.) Jeff and his family left the beach on Sunday, and I was lucky enough to be joined at the coast by my dear friend, Ranell and her kids and we stayed at her beach condo for the next 4 days. It was heaven for me to be at the beach for a glorious 8 days and I couldn't have asked for better weather! Here are some pics and there will be more to come! 

 Emily was Cleo the Cat in the Cinderella play. 
 Dallin played pitcher and shortstop and lives and breathes baseball!
 Dallin's coach and team were awesome! What a great season! Go Dirtbags!
 Dallin with his loyal fans!
 Emily's favorite part was singing modern songs up on stage, like Rolling in the Deep, by Adele!
 This is her second play, Love's True Tale, and it is a musical written by our talented friend, Alicia Moore. It was performed on our city's outdoor stage and we loved it!
 All of the adults in Jeff's family on our couch! :-) 
 Bryce loves to tube!
 Dallin ended up getting first place in his grade in this fun run!
 Bryce ran his little heart out!
 Kristyn, Rylan and Mialee joined Jeff and Rob for an early morning ski run! Jeff had to show his brother our awesome skiing river. :-)
 Spent one day at the beach with a good friend of Jeff's at an amazing house!

 Ella and Emily adopted this dog while we were camping!
Gotta love camping!

Whew! That's it for now, but I have a lot more pics to upload! Thanks for hanging in and seeing my post about Guacamole for so long. :-)

2 comments:

Emily said...

I could use a week at the beach, it looks like heaven! Awesome for Dallin, I wish I couLd get at least one of my kids to love sports!

Kelly(M&M) said...

The beach is my favorite place to be and this is the first time I have had a full week there! (Oregon coast not quite the same as the CA coast, but I'll take it!) Usually we stay a couple of days.

As for the sports thing, there are pros and cons. Baseball takes a lot of time. It went from April to July 20th. The games were twice a week for at least 2 hours and about 5 weekend tournaments. There were games on Sundays, so we had to face that question sooner than I wanted. We chose to have Dallin not play on Sundays for the tournaments, but when his team made it to the District finals on Sunday, we felt he needed to be there to support his team. Tough choices, but we prayed and feel like we did what was right for Dallin. I have a feeling this is going to come up a lot. So, as much as I love sports, it has its downside. :-) Your kids will find their niche. And who knows, maybe Zoe will be the sports nut!