Sunday, October 14, 2012

An 8th Birthday She Won't Forget!



 I have been so excited for Emily's birthday to get here! I have had too many secrets that have been making me want to explode!
 We went out for dinner the night before her birthday and informed her that she was going to be a big
sister again! I have been so anxious to tell her this news, but also a little nervous. I am 16 weeks and feel like everything looks great! My kids were all very happy! It has been tough to hide!


The next surprise was a trip to CA to see her grandma and grandpa and aunts and cousins.She was really bummed we were leaving on her birthday, so we decided to bring her with us! There is more to this story, but this is all for now. Let's just say, I am so grateful she was there!


 Her baptism weekend was beautiful. We are so glad that Grandma and Grandpa Marker were able to come and that so many friends and family came. We really missed Grandma Nise, but unfortunately Grandpa Harold had some surgery and my mom needed to be there with him. We are glad Emily was able to spend time with them last week.  I don't have all the pictures on this camera, so I will add more later, but I wanted to share my emotions of the last week. It has been miracle after miracle. I am so grateful for all of my blessings.

I LOVED cheering Jeff onto his first marathon- but you will have to wait to see the proof! Suziepetunia and I were back together for 8 fun miles and another good friend, Annie, qualified for Boston!! Whew!

That's it for now!

8 comments:

skbkmjfamily said...

I am so excited for you. What awesome news. What a wonderful birthday.

Molly said...

Great post Kelly. So happy such good things are happeing with your family right now!

Emily said...

So happy for you! Happy birthday to Emily, has it really been 8 years?

amydear said...

How exciting for you! Glad to hear you are safely to 16 weeks. I looked up the final Boston times and didn't see your name, so I wondered what happened. 8 is a great age. Happy Birthday to Emily!

Emily said...

What a sweet girl. Happy Birthday to her and congratulations to you!!!

Stephanie said...

What a great birthday for your sweet Emily!

I can't believe you are already 16 weeks!!!

Kelly(M&M) said...

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and congrats. It's been a great couple of months after a rough start to 2012.

Annie said...

Fun to read your recap and thank you for the shout out. Boston baby! You're next.
That was a very eventful weekend for you for sure. What a surprise the pregnancy news must have been for your kids. And Emily will never forget how special you made her feel on a very important birthday year.