Friday, March 08, 2013

Sun, glorious sun

I am definitely a happier person when the sun is shining. I would like to say I have adapted over the 12 years I have lived in Oregon, but I don't think I can ever get used to the gray. On the other hand, us Oregonians truly appreciate the sunny days and take advantage!

On Monday, I had a burst of energy and I had bought flowers for planting at Costco, so it was a perfect day for bringing color to my yard. I also cleaned out my garden boxes as well as I could. We will see how well a garden happens this year. I still dream of eating a salad made from my own grown veggies!

Tuesday and Wednesday were very gray and rainy, so I was grateful I had spent most of Monday outside. The yucky weather gave me a chance to make some freezer meals to get ready for this baby.

On Thursday the kids had the day off school for conferences and I wanted to celebrate their hard work. So, we met up with friends for pizza for lunch and then headed to the park. It was AMAZING weather!

 The frisbee was stuck in the high branches of the tree and a nice city worker used his 18 foot pole to get it down! He was the hero for the kids!
 Playing football and frisbee. Look at the blue skies!! I love it!
 The switched to baseball after a while. 
 Emily is playing in the sand. She spent most of her time on the scooter. I love how she entertains herself!
 Here are some of the moms just chatting. (As you can see though, some of the moms are cold! It was still only 55 degrees. :-)
 Here I am, doing my favorite thing to do when pregnant- sit in the sun and watch the kids have fun!
My mistake was in not bringing water to the park. I forgot that drinking fountains are turned off in the winter. Luckily some friends had water to share, but I decided to surprise the kids and take them to Sonic because it was happy hour. 6 slushies- $3.62.   You can't beat that!

And on another happy note, the kids went right to bed because they were worn out from playing in the "sun" all day. Some even had the nerve to complain it was too "hot"! Sometimes I can't believe I am raising Oregonians. :-)

Only 18 more days. Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Trina said...

Yay for sunny days!!! Yay for only 18 days!!! So soon!!! I am so excited for you!!! And it's my goal this year to learn how to make freezer meals. I will have to get your recipes!

Emily said...

Since we're at such a high elevation, any sun feels hot here. It can be 55 degrees and I'll be in short sleeves and get sunburned. I love the intensity of the sun here...in the spring. NOT in the summer. :) Too hot. Good luck! 18 days!