I can't believe he is 5! I keep saying that over and over. I can remember the day he was born like it was yesterday, and yet he has grown up so much that I guess I can believe it!
Here is my little munchkin a day or two old. After 16 hours of labor , the doctor was wheeling me into the OR for a C-section and I remember him saying, "He must be a big baby, and that is why we are having a hard time getting him out." As they pulled out my scrawny, 6 lb 1 oz, 19 1/2 inch baby, we were all surprised! I thought he was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. Jeff just kept saying, "He's perfect."
It has been a great 5 years. I feel so blessed to have Dallin as my son. Here are 5 things that I love about him.
1. He is the sweetest, gentlest little boy you will ever meet. (He is just like his dad.) He is a great, loyal friend and never wants to hurt anyone's feelings.
2. He loves books as much as I do and has since he was an infant.
3. He is a great big brother. He loves to make Emily laugh or giggle. When he hears her wake up from a nap, he asks if he can go get her.
4. He has an incredible memory. This can be good or bad. I hope he will remember the good things, and not so much the bad things!
5. He will still cuddle with me. He tells me he loves me often.
I love you, Dallin! There is so much more I can say. We had a fun day today. We started off with his favorite breakfast, oven pancakes and juice. Then he went to preschool where I brought cupcakes and everyone made a big deal out of his birthday. Then we went to the Burger King with the big playland and met up with his buddies. The rest of the afternoon was his favorite.
I let him play the Cars video game as long as he wanted. (This also gave me a nap! Usually I limit him.)
He loved all the Cars things that my mom bought for him: new sheets, a duffel bag, a new shirt, and wipe on/wipe off activity boards. Thanks Grandma Nise! He also loved the Scooby Doo movies from Grandma Di and the motorcycle from Aunt Crystal. What a loved little boy.
3 hours ago