Sunday, September 14, 2008

Enjoying the "summer" weather


Well, since we didn't get much of a summer, we are making up for it now! The weather has been incredible, so we have taken the boat out and have just been chillin' outside as much as possible.
Friday was a beautiful day. One of the reasons I wanted to go to the charter school was because of the 4 day week. I am going to try not to have plans on Fridays so we can all just enjoy being together. I rode my bike to the Y, with Bryce and Emily in the trailer and Dallin on his bike. Then I talked my kids into delivering flyers for me. They were very good sports. I rewarded them and kept them busy, especially Bryce, with popcorn and candy in the trailer. Then we stopped at the park and ran into one of my really good friends, Molly. We ended up staying there a couple of hours and Sarah was kind enough to bring us lunch and join us! Emily made friends with Molly's daughter and it was cute to hear them chatting! I didn't want the day to end but Bryce needed a nap.
On Saturday, I had a fantastic run with great girls who made the time go very fast (and almost made me forget how early it was!). The family spent the morning weeding and then joined our friends for a bike ride through 2 parks. It was very enjoyable once Bryce stopped trying to take his helmet off. We then had pizza and picked blueberries from my friends' own bushes! What a great, relaxing weekend!
Bryce is so funny now! He loves to put things back in their place(my first child who actually LIKES to clean-woo hoo!) and he loves to make us laugh. Just today he was banging his head against the high chair and we giggled so he kept doing it! He can now climb the stairs and go down the slide by himself, which is so cool, and one of my favorite milestones. His 2 main words are still "dog" and "more" but he understands everything we say. I know as he is able to communicate more he will be less easily frustrated. I also know that since he does like order, I need to work harder to keep to a routine. That is my goal for this week.

4 comments:

ped crossing said...

I am just not ready to see the warm weather go.

Jadie said...

Ah, that sounds just idyllic!

Brittany said...

It's so fun to check out your blog and see what you are up to! I love summers in Oregon! Looks like you had a fun, jam packed weekend! Cute pictures! Your kiddos are getting so big!!!

Brittany said...

It's so fun to check out your blog and see what you are up to! I love summers in Oregon! Looks like you had a fun, jam packed weekend! Cute pictures! Your kiddos are getting so big!!!