In my last post, I introduced you to my wonderful hubby. This time, I thought I would let you get to know me a little more. I have LOVED reading these lists by other bloggers that I stalk. Here of some of theirs: Jill, Laurie, and Melanie. One of my goals this year is to truly find myself and focus on my own gifts and talents. This list is a good start to see how much I know about myself.
1. I am a mom to 2 awesome kids, a boy and a girl, and I have a little boy on the way.
2. My little boy is exactly like his father. He has been a joy to raise.
3. My little girl is exactly like me, and has not been as easy to raise. It is terrifying to see so much of me in her, also a little humbling. She is fun, though! :-)
4. I am a runner. It took me a long time to put myself in this category, because I am not super fast. But, now that I am pregnant and can't run, I watch runners in the rain with pure envy, and I know I am a runner.
5. I have run 3 marathons.
6. I would love to qualify for the Boston Marathon one day.
7. I have a long way to go to make that goal. I hate admitting that, and I am scared I won't make this goal.
8. I LOVE people. I love getting to know any and everyone. I think everyone has something great to offer the world and I want to find it in each person.
9. I also want to find what I have to offer.
10. I played trumpet for 7 years.
11. I would love to learn to play piano.
12. I LOVE to sing, but I am horrible. I signed up for beginning vocal lessons at BYU 3 times, and dropped out of the class 3 times. I am afraid to hear that I am one of those few people who will never learn to sing.
13. I graduated from BYU in Microbiology with a minor in Chemistry.
14. I enjoy learning about web design and have my family site that I maintain to show updates of my kids.
15. I have 3 sisters whom I love dearly. We are all 2 years or less apart in age.
16. I have a little brother 9 years younger than my youngest sister. He completes our family perfectly.
17. I am the middle child, and fit the description in more ways than I like to admit.
18. I love all sports, but unfortunately am mediocre at all of them. :-)
19. I played softball, basketball, and cross country in high school, but never lettered.
20. I did letter in Academics.
21. I graduated a sememster early from high school. I still am not sure why.
22. I love playing all games- card games, board games, you name it, and I am more competitive than I like to admit.
23. I tried scrapbooking and had to give myself permission to quit. It is okay that I am not good at it. At least I try to convince myself of that.
24. I am very left brained. I love science and math, and I don't have an ounce of creativity in me. I am trying to find that part of me. Any ideas?
25. I love listening to others.
26. I love children and always have a million kids at my house. I hope it is always this way.
27. I teach a Kids Gym class at the Y. I love when kids come to me at the park and say, "Hi Teacher Kelly." I love watching children learn.
28. I think I am a great mom, but a terrible housekeeper.
29. I am working hard to get better at cleaning.
30. I have no depth perception. I can never tell how far away from a curb I am, and I still can't parallel park.
31. Because of my lack of depth perception and living in the mountains, I was terrified to get my license.
32. I rolled my car 3 months after getting my license. Luckily no one was hurt.
33. I LOVE being outdoors. I am a better summer mom than winter mom. :-)
34. I love anything in the water. Waterskiing, wakeboarding, swimming, just being on a boat.
35. Like Laurie said, I think Lake Powell is a little peace of heaven.
36. I love owning a boat and I hope we can find more friends with the same passion.
37. I am scared of what others think of me.
38. I am shy in a big group if I don't know many people.
39. I work with the Young Women at church and I love it.
40. I am still very close to my leaders from when I was a youth, and I hope to have the same relationship with my girls when they are moms.
41. I was married 8 years ago in the San Diego temple.
42. I thought I would graduate before I got married, but I was wrong.
43. I loved finishing my degree with my hubby.
44. I loved taking classes with him, but I secretly wanted to do better.
45. Amazingly enough, I did do better. :-)
46. I wish I was more artistic. I envy creative minds.
47. I am not a fancy restaurant girl. I never know what to order. So, I stick with Olive Garden and Red Robin. :-)
48. I was junior prom princess. But 2 weeks later I was not reelected to be secretary of my senior class. I would have felt more honor to be secretary.
49. I didn't kiss a boy until I was 16.
50. Then I kissed too many. :-)
51. My best summer was the summer at the Glenwood in Provo. We had a blast!
52. I am afraid of failure.
52. Sometimes this means I give up before I can fail. I am trying to change this.
53. I love learning new things.
54. I miss school.
55. I am very loud, sometimes too loud.
56. I love to laugh.
57. I love to make people laugh.
58. I grew up in the LDS church.
59. I truly gained my testimony in college.
60. I wish I had understood the power of the scriptures when I was a teenager. I try to teach my Young Women to rely on the scriptures now.
61. I am a very tolerant person, and I owe this to my parents. I never once heard a racial slur or joke come out of their mouth. I don't like racial jokes because of this. I don't like generalizations about groups of people and try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.
62. On the other hand, Jeff called me a "Utah racist" when we first met. I had heard interesting things about "Utah Mormons" and thought I would never marry someone from Utah.
63. I am glad to say these things were proved wrong by almost every "Utah Mormon" I met, including my husband. :-)
64. I love to dance! (But I don't really have rhythm!)
65. My wedding reception was a rockin' dance and the funnest night of my life!
66. I say things without thinking.
67. I am disorganized, but learning as much as I can.
68. I have ADD. (This is a hard one for me to put out there, but it is who I am.)
69. I wish I would have know this when I was younger. It would have helped me understand myself better.
70. I love snow skiing. I forgot how much I loved it until Jeff surprised me and took me for my birthday and it was one of the most magical days.
71. I love watching football. Especially with Jeff. We have had fun times at pro football games.
72. I am kind of a tomboy, but wish I was more girly.
73. Decorating my home does not come easy for me, but I am learning.
74. I hate to shave. (But I love the feel of newly shaved legs on clean sheets. I stole this from Melanie.)
75. I love food!
76. Unfortunately, this means I struggle with my weight.
77. Luckily, I discovered my love of running, and this helps balance my love of food.
78. I have always been self conscious of my "curvy" figure.
79. I secretly envy tiny girls.
80. I had a hard time getting pregnant with my first 2 kids and thought that it was somehow my fault.
81. Then I had this "surprise", no-fertility-help pregnancy, and I know it has nothing to do with me. :-)
82. I LOVE sleeping, but have a hard time falling asleep. When I am not pregnant, I average 6 hours a sleep at night. My brain never shuts off. See #68
83. My mind is always racing with a thousand thoughts. See #68
84. I lose my keys, credit card, cell phone, camera, etc more times than I would like to admit. See #68
85. I love just talking with people.
86. I love movies, but have a hard time focusing on them, so I don't watch many.
87. I have close relationships with many people, and treasure all of them. I feel especially close to those I run with, because of the kidless time that we have together.
88. I fear that I spread myself to thin, but would not give up any of these friendships.
89. I love being a mom, but fear that I am not doing a good enough job.
90. I love being a wife, but fear that I am not doing a good enough job.
91. I think I understand the plan of salvation, but I still fear death.
92. I am long winded.
93. I went to many inner-city elementary schools and am stronger because of it.
94. I love going places with my family.
95. I love the sound of my kids giggling.
96. I am not a good journal writer because I get impatient retelling the story I just lived!
97. I always thinking about the next thing, I want to change this and really enjoy the moment. Each moment.
98. I like blogging because it is quick and easy. (usually, not this one!) I just wish I had more interesting things to say.
99. I love reading books, but can't sit still long enough to read sometimes.
100. I am tired of the elliptical machine and can't wait until I can run again.
Whew! It is crazy to sit and try to see how much I know about myself. I would love to hear if any of you have anything in common with me. I also love reading these lists, so if you haven't done one, please do and then let me know!
8 hours ago