Thursday, November 04, 2010

Finding Me...


So, part of this big experiment of moving to the "country" is trying to figure out what really makes me happy. I am pretty hard on myself sometimes when I don't think I am who I am "supposed" to be. One thing that has always bothered me is that I love being around people and getting to know them, yet I hardly invite people over. So, I am a socialite who doesn't entertain! Part of it is my lack of confidence in my cooking skills, so I don't want to have people for dinner because I am afraid it won't turn out. As I have become a little more proficient in the kitchen, I still hesitated to invite people over. I am not a natural decorator or party planner and I don't think about the details like some of the people I admire. I also didn't feel my house was well set up for entertaining. I had hoped that once I had a bigger yard that I would have people over. I am glad to say that I was right! I had book club at my house last night and today I had a luncheon for the neighbors that I used to live next to and of course my newest neighbor also came! I really enjoyed spending time with these awesome women and I felt comfortable in my own setting. I was very lucky that the weather turned out beautiful so we were able to eat outside and enjoy the sunshine. It was a very simple lunch, but I am okay with that! It is who I am- simple. :-) I hope they had a good time and felt comfortable at my house. That is what I want-for people to come and feel loved and welcome!


2 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

That soup was amazing! I want the recipe. MMmmmmm. Thanks for inviting me. I am so glad you are my neighbor.

Emily said...

Wow, you're sweet. I think what you are doing is fantastic--living the dream, moving out where there is more space. Right now feels very cramped in my condo, and a big couple of acres of yard would be just the thing for me.