Sunday, November 14, 2010

Random

Well, as you can tell, I am not sticking to NaBloPoMo, but I still want to update my posts more regularly. I am having a great time living in the country. We have a lot to learn, and mostly I am still working on getting my house in order. I have have loved having a clean slate to work with. I still wish that organization came easier to me, but I am doing the best I can! :-) Luckily I have good friends who give me ideas. (And if I am really lucky, they shop for me!)

Sarah and I have begun running together again. We meet outside our sidewalk and head out. It usually ends up being a great chat session. One run we were discussing my issues with losing things. I need to have a place where I always put the essentials- phone, keys, wallet, camera. I tend to switch bags around and then end up forgetting which one is where. The only time I have been successful at not losing something was when we were on our cruise. (Yep, my kids weren't there, so that probably helped!) I had a tiny purse that I wore across my body and always had it with me. Sarah and I decided I needed a purse that I could do that with, but it had to fit those 4 items mentioned above. My other issue is that I do not like shopping!! So, Sarah agreed to find me a purse!! It had to be small enough that I could easily carry it with me always. Here is what she found:

It is brown(which I wear a lot of) and very cute, yet practical!! I know it won't solve all my problems, but it seems to be helping!

Here is one of our visitors to the new homestead! She felt right at home with the chickens! We love having people come visit.
Here is my first sewing project! Emily had asked me to sew her a skirt for Veterans' Day. I told her I didn't think I would be able to get it together in time, so I didn't really think about it again. I sent out an email asking for scrap fabric so we could do some projects. One of my friends happened to have this flag fabric. Emily loved it, so I decided to go for it! I only had a little bit of time to work on it, but Emily helped me and we through it together in a night. She looked very pioneerish, but she loved it!! I am just proud that I did it!! I hope to find some more projects to do.

I have been helping with Math groups in Dallin's class on Tuesdays. This week I was able to work with these 3 boys: Tyler, Zach and Dallin. They have been buddies since they were babies. Zach has been on the waiting list for the Charter school for 4 years. We are excited to have him there now!! They are such good friends and nice boys!

We have still been working on potty training with Bryce. I think we are almost there. We decided after the kids and Jeff did some hard work inside and outside of the house it was time for some fun. We tried to go bowling, but it was full, so we went to the arcade. It is amazing how fast they go through those tokens! We had a good time!

Text Color


(Love that Bryce's shorts are on backwards and wearing boots with them!! Just glad he is trying to dress himself)

So, that is it for now. Just plugging along! Finding the new normal, whatever that may be...

5 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

I am just so glad the "new normal" is next door to me!!

I can't tell you how satisfying it was to "solve" your purse problem. I hope it really does work out for you. I keep thinking I should go back and get an identical one for myself. I like it!

Kelly(M&M) said...

It has been fun eating your yummy treats, that's for sure! We are glad to be next door too. See you in the morning. I am going to bed!

Anonymous said...

Cute purse! Love the backwards shorts! I didn't know you sewed?!
I want a neighbor to make treats for me. And finally, if Sarah ever gets tired of being your personal shopper please consider me. Shopping with someone elses money sounds like a blast.( I WOULD be spending YOUR money right?)

Ranell said...

LOVE the purse idea, and it is very cute. Somehow it makes all the difference when you can sling it across your body, so you can always have it with you, but both hands are free. I only buy purses and diaper bags that I can do that with.

I think it's time to stop talking about how much you love the farm ... I might get jealous! Oh wait, I already tried that and it wasn't my thing. I just want a backyard again! I'm really glad you're so happy there, and you love the neighbors! Hopefully you'll both stay put for a long time so we don't have to find new renters anytime soon!

Nouf A said...

woooooooooooow