Monday, November 02, 2009

No more Babies?

This is the question for us. Having children has not come as easy for Jeff and I as I would have liked. Of course I have ended up loving the space between my children and the time I had with each of them. Bryce was our miracle baby and I am so grateful that he is in our family. We now feel that our family is complete and that it is time for the next stage of life. It is just so hard for me to think of not having another one of these to stare at and enjoy:





Watching Jeff with our babies has also been one of my favorite parts. He is also great with them as toddlers and beyond. Reading this blog by one of my favorite people helped me to get excited for what might be coming up, even as I think about what won't be happening again.
The hardest part for me is that I didn't enjoy Bryce as a baby as much as the other 2. There are many reasons for that, but I would be lying if I said I didn't feel guilty about that. Part of the reason I am using this month to focus on my "scrapbooking" is to remember the good times with Bryce. I am truly loving his little personality
as a toddler. He is so dang funny- we laugh every day.
I love the baby stage. I love watching their first smiles, hearing that first giggle, and watching their features change. I love cuddling with them on the couch and knowing that nothing is more important in that moment. I love the forced 2 week slow down that a C-section forced me to have, and a loving husband and mother allowed me to take.
I know I will miss seeing the kids with a newborn sibling...

But, I look forward to many more older sibling interactions. I know that I need to enjoy each moment that I can. I love 18months-3 and that is what I am in right now with Bryce! I am sure there will be stages that I will enjoy less than others. (Can anyone say potty training Bryce?!) And there will be others that I have not yet experienced that I will enjoy even more than I can imagine. I feel blessed to be a mother to 3 sweet beautiful kids and to have a husband who loves me and loves them completely.We have many, many more memories to make as a family. I am glad to be along for the ride! I love these 3 very different and unique individuals that I call my children. I love each of them for the little person that they are and that they are becoming. I want to know each of them individually and personally and appreciate their little quirks, even if I don't love those quirks at that time.

7 comments:

ped crossing said...

Ahhhh.

Molly said...

Wow! it's 8:15 AM and I'm already crying! I think that's a record. I loved your and Chelle's posts. I think it's always hard in a way to know there won't be one of those snuggly, warm(pooping, crying, spit-upy)humans but it seems like you're enjoying the stage you're at. I agree with the sibling interaction. I think it's my kids who get me and Lee excited about this new one coming.
Take care! Miss you!

rlmquest said...

Thanks for sharing your feelings. I loved your post and your friend's post! I've been thinking about these very same things...should I have another baby or are we done? I believe we are done but sometimes that thought makes me sad. Your posts helped me to look forward to all that will come.....I need to not be sad that the baby stages are over but be happy that they happened. I still have a 2 year old who fills my day with exhausting joy!!! Along with the almost 6 year old, 8 year old, 11 year old , and almost 13 year old. It's time to move forward! Thank you!

Adhis said...

When David and I were engaged, we talked about having 4-6 kids. No idea the first one would wait 7 years to make her debut!

Now... my mind thinks "3 kids", but my body is saying "2 is enough."

Never thought I'd have to wonder.

JP said...

It is so hard to 'transition' to other stages of life sometimes. Actually, all the time. I guess some are just harder than others.

I know exactly how you feel.

Jadie said...

That was beautiful, Kelly! And I totally know where you are coming from! (Personally, Scratch and I are feeling QUITE done!!) Three is a beautiful number. ;)

Chelle said...

Kelly, what a beautiful post with beautiful pictures.

You are one amazing woman. I'm so happy to call you my friend. : )

xo