Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful for an unexpected date with Jeff

I know I already wrote about Jeff, but today I got to enjoy being with him! My good friend, Ranell, called and asked if I could watch her daughter while she went to the doctor. I said "Sure!" I said that I would be bringing the kids to mat time at the Y and then she mentioned that she had child watch appointments for the kids at 11:30. She offered to keep Bryce with her too from 11:30-1pm. I was very excited because I was wanting to get some alone time with Jeff today anyway! It is the anniversary of our first date and I love celebrating it even if it is a movie at home after the kids go to bed. This fun lunch date was exactly what we needed today. I surprised Jeff and he loved it! I am grateful for a friend who is willing to help out like this!

Bryce and his half birthday

Today is Bryce's half birthday! My kids are so funny that they like to celebrate this. Last week, someone asked Bryce how old he is and I said, "4 1/2". He said, "No, I'm not. Not until November 21st!!" We have just started a tradition this year that on their half birthday they get a date with mom and dad. So, I took him and his buddy Spencer to McDonald's for ice cream cones and cake! It was fun watching them play. Those are some of my favorite moments as a mom!

1 comment:

Ranell said...

I love Bryce and his numbers! We brought cookies to Childwatch to share with friends to celebrate Natalie's birthday (which was 4 days ago), so he definitely got treats today! At first he was pretty excited that Natalie's birthday was on his half birthday until I explained that her birthday was a few days ago. He wasn't so happy about that.

Glad you had a fun date with Jeff, I don't know why you didn't write about what you two did together AFTER lunch. After all, you told me all about it! (wink, wink.)