Thursday, November 27, 2008

Day of Thanks

Today started out nicely with a 10k race in my own backyard! I was able to help out with the race. It always amazes me to watch people behind the scenes. If you get a chance, thank someone for the things they do that aren't recognized! I ran the race with my good friend Sarah and I chose not to bring my music. I just wanted to appreciate the beauty of the city I live in. It was a tough race as it was pretty hilly but it was gorgeous. It was roads that I am very familiar with. It was a great way to start the day.
I cooked for the next couple of hours to get ready for a dinner with friends. There are a few of us without family in town so we met at the church. We had a fantastic turkey and ham dinner with many, many side dishes and pies. It was nice to spend time with friends and getting to know new friends. The kids enjoyed running around the gym. We had a very nice time.
Being away from family always reminds me how grateful I am for them. I especially want to be with my mom and brother and sisters at this time. I am looking forward to seeing most of them at Christmas. I hope they know how much I love them and how much they mean to me.
I am grateful to live in a town where I feel loved and taken care of. I feel lucky to have many wonderful friends and family in my life. I am grateful for a husband who believes in me. I am grateful for children who continually forgive me and love me unconditionally and make me smile every day! Today Bryce was especially "chatty" and giggly and it was so much fun to watch. He now says, "Uh oh" and repeats almost anything we say.
I will do a post just about Bryce when I am more awake. I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving!
I have a couple of tags I owe. I will do them later. :-)

1 comment:

Suzie Petunia said...

The food was amazing! Thanks for bringing us all together, Kel. It was fun. But I do think I'm ready to "cut back" a little (That is my way of saying "diet".)