Sunday, November 09, 2008

The other two kids

My favorite Sunday is when the Primary Children put on the program. It is always a little hectic if you are in charge or a teacher (I am a teacher this time!), but it is so beautiful to hear their voices teaching simple truths about Jesus Christ. The program definitely showcased the differences between my two children. This was the first primary program for Emily. You never know what you are going to get with her. When we practiced on Saturday, she said her line perfectly the first time through. She LOVED using the microphone. The second time through, she just started babbling about her mom and Christmas. When I asked her about it, she said, "I just didn't want to say my line." Too funny. So, I will admit I was nervous today to see what she would do. Of course, I bribed her with candy. I was very happy that she said her line loud and clear and was very proud of herself. (And of course, I gave her the candy.) Dallin, on the other hand, did his line perfect each and every time. No hesitation. That is just how he is. He does things the way they are supposed to be done. There is really no guessing with him. He likes routine and he likes rules.
Today I was also in charge of Sharing Time with my class. Emily isn't in my class, but wanted to be by my side and talking in the microphone. Have I mentioned she isn't shy one bit? After it was over, our music director was kind enough to let her stay in front. She shocked me by singing directly into the microphone. She put on a little concert for the whole primary. I didn't really know what to do. I was amazed by her lack of fear. Let's just hope that she is blessed with more singing talent than her mother.
It was a nice day and I was very proud of my kids. Tonight we went to a good friend's house and were able to rock out to Rock Band for the first time. Good times!

2 comments:

Rach said...

We LOVE Rockband!!! Infact, for a while I was addicted and would play Rockband instead of doing things like laundry and cleaning. That game is awesome!!

Molly said...

Little miss Emily cracks me up. Her and Campbell are similar in that you never know which personality you're going to get.