I have always said that I am not a "typical" girl. I am very laid back and just like to do my own thing. I didn't like gossip and how mean girls seemed to be behind other girls' backs. I was never into name brands because I felt like all it did was show other people how much money you spent. I was always a no frills type of person. I didn't have a lot of money so I only bought what was necessary. (ie, I was cheap!) I didn't like wearing makeup because it always felt so thick on my face. Due to all of these reasons and more, I never became as proficient as a shopper as most of my peers did. Fast forward to adulthood, when I really can't avoid shopping.
Here are some of the things that happen to me when I go shopping(and add to my dislike of it):
1. I go to the grocery store, pull out a coupon, find out I am a day early (or a day late!) for the sale.
2. I go to the grocery store (we have 2 main ones in our town) and I pull out my coupon and realize I am in the wrong store! (And it is not the one that accepts customers' coupons.)
3. I wait to go shopping until I know EXACTLY what I am looking for, and inevitably it is the only row that is empty.
4. I get to the store and realize I don't have any credit cards with me.
5. I buy something that I think is the right size (for instance, a mirror for our living room), and I bring it home and it is not even close.
6. I bought 2 cute shirts for full price at Old Navy. The next week I run into someone who has one of them on. I say, "I loved that T-shirt too." and she says, "Yeah, isn't it great that they were only $5?!)" Turns out I bought them 2 days before the $5 sale!
7. I tell Jeff that for his birthday we are finally going to buy a nicer TV. We both decide that we still want it to fit in our entertainment center (which has doors that close.) We measure the width to be 35 3/4 inches. All of the 37inch TV's(they are measured on the diagonal) have widths that are right around 36 inches. The next size down is a 32 inch, which has a 31 inch width. We were so frustrated that we stopped looking for 8 months! This leads me to my next post...stay tuned...
1. Am I the only girl who doesn't like shopping?
2. Any shopping advice?
3 hours ago